"Transform" is a widely-used buzz word these days. What does it mean to your organization? Are you looking to increase your market share? Attain a leadership position in your market? Become a company that customers want to buy from, invest in, recommend to others? Develop a culture of innovation and excellence?
Great Tech examines the goals of your organization, identifying obsolescence, redundancy, and expense that can jeopardize customer loyalty, competitiveness and profitability, while transforming your processes so that they:
- Optimize product and service excellence
- Reduce cost and cycle times
- Improve process yield rates
Deploying the solid quality planning, control and improvement methods has lead to greater business results for many organizations for other 30 years because the principles:
- Maximize customer satisfaction and loyalty by economically producing ideal product features
- Minimize dissatisfaction by reducing or eliminating deficiencies and the costs of poor quality¡Xwaste¡Xassociated with deficiencies